Friday, July 4, 2008

Come on in, the food is fine

I want to say something fun and clever about Mi Rancho Grande, but the restaurant is really neither all that fun nor all that clever. It's okay, it's not bad, it's just kinda forgettable I guess. I liked the margarita, they did a great job with that. The food was fine, I can hardly remember it. The fried ice cream was a little weird with the green flecks and kinda tasteless topping. But overall it's a restaurant that is as hard to complain about as it is to compliment. Plus I was so loud and obnoxious I'm sure no one else could even concentrate on their food. Someone should have just told me to pipe down!!!

I love the idea of going to the golf course club! We could dress up all swanky and make up stories about all the rich people. But either the French bakery or IKEA would be fun to go along with our international theme.

Oh, and don't forget about the Arctic Circle on 123rd. :)

3 comments:

DeLaina said...

Let's do a drive by and scope it out first to make sure it's a swanky place. Can we all bring cash and use fake names and have accents?

(My sister and I used to assume fraudulent identities occasionally when dining out and about: She'd be Polly Anna and and I'd be Polly Esther HA HA. We also had French personas where I was Mimi and she was Gigi. In college, my roommate was Buffy and I was Muffy.) I'm either very clever or extremely weird. Probably the latter!

Let's do it!

Laura said...

I asked someone that has been to the Golf course and he looked at me like I was crazy for going there. Sounds like it's not swanky at all, just a place for food when golfers are coming off the course. Hmmmmm, what do you think?

DeLaina said...

In driving by and looking at the place, it resembles a cafe. Nothing more. So, that begs the question, IS there any place swanky enough to get glitzied up for in Draper? The search is on...