Tuesday, June 10, 2008

Ginza

I can't believe I didn't know this restaurant was in Draper and have never been?! Is it new?

I really loved this place, the food was wonderful. I am not a fan of seafood or by extension sushi. So I can't vouch for that specialty. I had the teriyaki beef and tempura. Wow! Seriously, it was fantastic. I figured I'd be getting the token Ceaser Salad or chicken strips that I typically do at a seafood place, so perhaps my enthusiasm was colored a bit in that light.

Service was even great. Friendly, happy, and did an order substitution for me with no questions (didn't want the shrimp tempura so they brought me extra veggie tempura).

I'd go back anytime, I really enjoyed the whole night. And as would be expected, the company was best of all!

3 comments:

Olivia said...

The company at Ginza was spectacular! Great conversation and fun stories. And the service was terrific. It's hard to separate bills at a sushi restaurant, but our server did it anyway (with a little resistance.)

However, I'm a sushi LOVER! Given a choice between sushi and any other food I'd always choose sushi. In fact, I think even grocery-store sushi is usually better than many other choices. Because of my ongoing sushi craving, I've tried a lot of it. My standards for sushi aren't incredibly high, but I do expect certain things. I thought the nigiri sushi at Ginza was good, especially the unagi. But the maki rolls were warm and loose and very sub-par. In fact, although I did help Bonnie eat her shrimp rolls, they were not very tasty at all! The maki choices were limited and very Americanized. I was a little disappointed. I didn't try the sashimi, but because of the way the maki was served I might be afraid to try it there. I'm not sure I would go back to Ginza without the promise of interesting company because of the many other superior choices for sushi in the valley. I might have to drive farther, but I know the quality will be there at places like Ichiban, Samurai Sushi, and Kyoto.

Can't wait for the next girl's night out! Did we pick our next place?

Wendy

Natalie said...

SO sad that i missed it!

Anonymous said...

We are visitng from Waco, TX. in March 2010 and wondering if Ginza in Draper is open on weekends. We have been to the one in SLC and always enjoyed. thanks